Former Task Force Davao chief Col. Nolasco Mempin formally assumed yesterday as the new commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade based in Purok 9, Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan district.Mempin replaced Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr. who will now assume as deputy commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command.
Torres was already almost two years in his post since he assumed last May 2017.
In her speech yesterday, Mayor Sara Duterte, commended Torres for his outstanding performance, describing him as “brilliant commander.”
Duterte was the guest of honor and speaker in yesterday’s turnover ceremony.
Meanwhile, the new Task force Davao Commander will be Col. Consolito Yecla, the secretary of the Joint Staff of the Armed forces of the Philippines in Camp Aguinaldo.
Also present yesterday were Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., the commander of 10th Infantry Division; 701st Infantry Brigade commander Col. Manuel Sequitin; and 1001st Infantry Brigade commander Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret.
- AboitizPower’s Hedcor celebrates 45th anniversary
- PRO XI: Heighten patrols to keep streets safe
- 8 Injury Prevention Tips for Older Athletes
- KonsultaMD SuperApp: A game-changer in Philippine healthcare
- MTCP Alumni feted by Malaysian Consul General Consul General of Malaysia, Hon. Deddy Faisal Ahmad Salleh
- Consul General of Malaysia Mr. Deddy Faisal Bin Ahmad speech at High Tea Reception in honour of MTCP Alumni
- Globe shifts Iloilo facility to renewable energy, total sites on clean energy now at 25
- ROUGH CUTS| We’re starting to read through the pictures
- Poplar invites UX designers and writers to Designers Homecoming
- 62 fire victims get cash aid