Former Task Force Davao chief Col. Nolasco Mempin formally assumed yesterday as the new commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade based in Purok 9, Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan district.Mempin replaced Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr. who will now assume as deputy commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command.
Torres was already almost two years in his post since he assumed last May 2017.
In her speech yesterday, Mayor Sara Duterte, commended Torres for his outstanding performance, describing him as “brilliant commander.”
Duterte was the guest of honor and speaker in yesterday’s turnover ceremony.
Meanwhile, the new Task force Davao Commander will be Col. Consolito Yecla, the secretary of the Joint Staff of the Armed forces of the Philippines in Camp Aguinaldo.
Also present yesterday were Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., the commander of 10th Infantry Division; 701st Infantry Brigade commander Col. Manuel Sequitin; and 1001st Infantry Brigade commander Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success