Former Task Force Davao chief Col. Nolasco Mempin formally assumed yesterday as the new commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade based in Purok 9, Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan district.Mempin replaced Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr. who will now assume as deputy commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command.
Torres was already almost two years in his post since he assumed last May 2017.
In her speech yesterday, Mayor Sara Duterte, commended Torres for his outstanding performance, describing him as “brilliant commander.”
Duterte was the guest of honor and speaker in yesterday’s turnover ceremony.
Meanwhile, the new Task force Davao Commander will be Col. Consolito Yecla, the secretary of the Joint Staff of the Armed forces of the Philippines in Camp Aguinaldo.
Also present yesterday were Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., the commander of 10th Infantry Division; 701st Infantry Brigade commander Col. Manuel Sequitin; and 1001st Infantry Brigade commander Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art