Former Task Force Davao chief Col. Nolasco Mempin formally assumed yesterday as the new commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade based in Purok 9, Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan district.Mempin replaced Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr. who will now assume as deputy commander of the Eastern Mindanao Command.
Torres was already almost two years in his post since he assumed last May 2017.
In her speech yesterday, Mayor Sara Duterte, commended Torres for his outstanding performance, describing him as “brilliant commander.”
Duterte was the guest of honor and speaker in yesterday’s turnover ceremony.
Meanwhile, the new Task force Davao Commander will be Col. Consolito Yecla, the secretary of the Joint Staff of the Armed forces of the Philippines in Camp Aguinaldo.
Also present yesterday were Lt. Gen. Felimon Santos Jr., the commander of Eastern Mindanao Command; Maj. Gen. Jose Faustino Jr., the commander of 10th Infantry Division; 701st Infantry Brigade commander Col. Manuel Sequitin; and 1001st Infantry Brigade commander Brig. Gen. Gilbert Saret.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories