A commanding and vice commanding officer of the Pulang Bagani Command 2 surrendered to the 3rd Infantry Battalion on March 23 in Barangay Lumondao, Baguio District.Meanwhile, the two were presented yesterday to Mayor Sara Duterte at the sidelines of the turnover ceremony of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade based in Purok 9, Barangay Mahayag, Bunawan District.
Duterte told the surrenderees that the government is open to addressing their concerns and willing to help them.
Lt. Col. Oscar Partuza, the 3rd IB commander, yesterday said that alias Bong, 31, the commanding officer, and alias Igong, 33 the vice commanding officer, surrendered after an encounter in Sitio Kiandong, Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District last March 22.
Recovered from them were two M16A1 rifles, one Armscore .45 caliber pistol, Glock 17 with PNP markings, and a grenade.
The battalion commander said that when they combed the encounter site on March 23, they recovered an M4 carbine, six M16A1 rifles.
In an interview yesterday, alias Bong claimed that he could no longer live with the hunger and hardships in the movement.
“For eight years inside the movement, I found out that we were just being deceived and used, ” he said. “It is already tiring running and hiding from the soldiers.”
In a separate interview, alias Igong said he was enticed by the Enhanced-Comprehensive Local Integration Program (E-Clip) of the government. The E-Clip is an assistance program that helps make the transition easier for rebel returnees.
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB