An alleged member of Rocky criminal group was arrested by the operatives of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Regional Field Unit in Purok Aquino, Barangay Lungaog, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte around 6 a.m., Wednesday.The suspect was identified as Eddie B. Batoon, 49, a banana grower and a resident of the place.
The CIDG-RFU, under the supervision Supt. Edilberto Leonardo, together with Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office and Sto. Tomas Municipal Police Station served search warrants issued by RTC XI Executive Judge Dax Gonzaga Xenoz of Panabo City dated March 25, 2019.
Confiscated from his possession were one .45 caliber pistol; two units of Norinco .45 caliber pistol; four single stack magazines for a .45 caliber pistol; three high-cap magazines for a .45 caliber pistol; and 62- live ammunition for a .45 caliber pistol.
The group is reportedly engaged in gun-for-hire, extortion, and other illegal activities.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus