An alleged member of Rocky criminal group was arrested by the operatives of Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Regional Field Unit in Purok Aquino, Barangay Lungaog, Sto. Tomas, Davao del Norte around 6 a.m., Wednesday.The suspect was identified as Eddie B. Batoon, 49, a banana grower and a resident of the place.
The CIDG-RFU, under the supervision Supt. Edilberto Leonardo, together with Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office and Sto. Tomas Municipal Police Station served search warrants issued by RTC XI Executive Judge Dax Gonzaga Xenoz of Panabo City dated March 25, 2019.
Confiscated from his possession were one .45 caliber pistol; two units of Norinco .45 caliber pistol; four single stack magazines for a .45 caliber pistol; three high-cap magazines for a .45 caliber pistol; and 62- live ammunition for a .45 caliber pistol.
The group is reportedly engaged in gun-for-hire, extortion, and other illegal activities.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories