Two alleged carnappers were killed while another one was wounded when they allegedly resisted arrest in a hot pursuit operation in Carmen, Davao del Norte on Monday night.
Names of the fatalities and the wounded suspect were yet to be released.Sr. Supt. Ferlu Silvio, the director of Davao Del Norte Police Provincial Office (DNPPO), agents of Carmen Municipal Police Station conducted a pursuit after they received a report about a carnapping incident.
When they tracked down the suspects in Barangay Mabaus, the three engaged the chasing officers in an armed confrontation at around 7:40 p.m.
This prompted the policers to return fire.
Silvio said two of the men were declared dead on arrival while the other one is still undergoing treatment in a local hospital.
Police recovered the carnapped black/gold Suzuki Raider 150 owned by Kim Roger Pino Sangig.
They also seized the getaway motorcycle, a black Honda TMX with plate no. XV242 1 (place in reversed position), and three guns — a caliber .38 without serial number loaded with two live bullets and a fired cartridge; a caliber .45 colt with serial no. 548143 with magazine loaded with three bullets, a magazine loaded with six bullets; and a Smith and Wesson Caliber .357 Magnum with serial number 367404 loaded with four bullets.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach