Outgoing Task Force Davao Commander Col. Nolasco Mempin is happy to be leaving the city with a “zero bombing” incident.
Mempin is scheduled to be replaced as Task Force Davao commander this Thursday in a turnover ceremony at the TFD heaadquarters in Sta. Ana wharf.
According to a military sources, a military official from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) general headquarters will replace Mempin.
“For more than one-and-half years as Task Force Davao Commander the objective was attained as the main objective of the Task Force is to keep away the city from any bombing incident,” Mempin told reporters in an interview yesterday.
“The marching order of the City Mayor and the very reason of the existence of TF Davao and at the same time our role related to that is to prevent any violent extremism that will exist in the city,” he said.
Aside from the zero bombing, Mempin also highlighted the effort of the Task Force Davao in reaching to the Muslim community.
“They are vulnerable communities. The coastal areas are the alternate entry points of possible terror groups, aside from the land based checkpoint,” he said.
“It is so difficult to be a Task Force Davao commander considering it’s the home of President and everybody is looking at the city as a model,” he further said.
On Thursday around 10 a.m., Mempin will be assuming as 1003rd Infantry brigade commander replacing Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr.
Torres will be the Deputy Commander of Eastern Mindanao Command.
“I was chosen to replace Brig. Gen. Torres who will be assuming as deputy commander of Eastern Mindanao Command,” he said.
“If I assume as brigade commander, I will be subject to promotion as brigadier general,” he added.
The schedule of turnover will be on March 27, 10 am for the 1003rd Brigade, and at 3 p.m. for the turnover at the Task Force Davao headquarters.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories