Outgoing Task Force Davao Commander Col. Nolasco Mempin is happy to be leaving the city with a “zero bombing” incident.
Mempin is scheduled to be replaced as Task Force Davao commander this Thursday in a turnover ceremony at the TFD heaadquarters in Sta. Ana wharf.
According to a military sources, a military official from the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) general headquarters will replace Mempin.
“For more than one-and-half years as Task Force Davao Commander the objective was attained as the main objective of the Task Force is to keep away the city from any bombing incident,” Mempin told reporters in an interview yesterday.
“The marching order of the City Mayor and the very reason of the existence of TF Davao and at the same time our role related to that is to prevent any violent extremism that will exist in the city,” he said.
Aside from the zero bombing, Mempin also highlighted the effort of the Task Force Davao in reaching to the Muslim community.
“They are vulnerable communities. The coastal areas are the alternate entry points of possible terror groups, aside from the land based checkpoint,” he said.
“It is so difficult to be a Task Force Davao commander considering it’s the home of President and everybody is looking at the city as a model,” he further said.
On Thursday around 10 a.m., Mempin will be assuming as 1003rd Infantry brigade commander replacing Brig. Gen. Ernesto Torres Jr.
Torres will be the Deputy Commander of Eastern Mindanao Command.
“I was chosen to replace Brig. Gen. Torres who will be assuming as deputy commander of Eastern Mindanao Command,” he said.
“If I assume as brigade commander, I will be subject to promotion as brigadier general,” he added.
The schedule of turnover will be on March 27, 10 am for the 1003rd Brigade, and at 3 p.m. for the turnover at the Task Force Davao headquarters.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission