Authorities seized close to P100,000 worth of shabu from an alleged drug pusher in a buy-bust operation conducted in SouthPole Logistics, Riverside, Ma-a, on Friday, around 9:30 p.m. on March 22.
The joint operation was conducted by the Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) and Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RPDEU), 1105th Maneuver Company, Regional Intelligence Division, Talomo Police Station and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Supt. Maximo Sebastian, the RMFB commander, identified the suspect as Rodolfo Aniñon Benjamin Jr., a resident of the said area.
Upon the signal of the police poseur buyer, the operatives then rushed to arrest Benjamin Jr.
They seized P1,000 cash from the suspect along with a jumbo-sized sachet containing shabu.
Another small sachet and several drug paraphernalia were recovered from him.
All recovered illegal drug items have an estimated street value of 85,000 pesos.
The suspect is facing a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Act of 2002.
- `Crime of passion’ | Durante, 9 others tagged in Yvonette Plaza murder
- Rain causes landslide in Malabog
- ROUGH CUTS | Too much love involved here
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 100,000 health cards seen to be released this year, say
- HIGHER RATE | Dabawenyos to pay 20% more for water
- PH to send 14 athletes to Asian Lawn Bowls Championships
- Oil prices up for second straight week
- Barangays told: Set up your reading centers
- SOLDIER MURDERED | Unknown killers shoot soldier dead