Authorities seized close to P100,000 worth of shabu from an alleged drug pusher in a buy-bust operation conducted in SouthPole Logistics, Riverside, Ma-a, on Friday, around 9:30 p.m. on March 22.
The joint operation was conducted by the Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) and Regional Police Drug Enforcement Unit (RPDEU), 1105th Maneuver Company, Regional Intelligence Division, Talomo Police Station and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI.
Supt. Maximo Sebastian, the RMFB commander, identified the suspect as Rodolfo Aniñon Benjamin Jr., a resident of the said area.
Upon the signal of the police poseur buyer, the operatives then rushed to arrest Benjamin Jr.
They seized P1,000 cash from the suspect along with a jumbo-sized sachet containing shabu.
Another small sachet and several drug paraphernalia were recovered from him.
All recovered illegal drug items have an estimated street value of 85,000 pesos.
The suspect is facing a case for violation of RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Act of 2002.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach