- The requirements include the installation of horns, headlights, red reflex mirrors, side mirrors, and the issuance of receipt or certificate of ownership, affidavit of undertaking, and barangay clearance.
The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) will start the registration of tricycle, pedal-operated trisikad, and motorized tricycle for hire this month.
“As stipulated in the City’s Traffic Code, all tricycles, pedal-operated trisikad, and motorized for hire are mandated to be registered under the CTTMO” Dionisio Abude, CTTMO head, told reporters during the sidelines of Monday’s flag raising ceremony at the City Hall grounds.
According to Abude, the reason for the registration is to regulate the tricycles that ply within the city.
The said vehicles will now have body number, color-coding, and markings on their body that will indicate its route.
“If you will traverse outside the line, we will automatically impound you. You can’t cross a national highway,” he said.
The requirements include the installation of horns, headlights, red reflex mirrors, side mirrors, and the issuance of receipt or certificate of ownership, affidavit of undertaking, and barangay clearance.
Abude said there is a need to register the tricycles and trisikads.
“We really have to regulate them because there are already too many of them in their areas and barangays,” said Abude.
The CTTMO started with the tricycles and trisikad in the downtown area but they will eventually go to the other barangays soon. They will also prioritize those with existing or expired Motorized Tricycle Operators Permit (MTOP).
“We will prioritize those who have been issued with MTOPs. We cannot register all of them yet because we still have to study the number of the necessary operational tricycles and trisikad in a barangay,” Abude said.
Abude also noted that many of the drivers opted out renewal of their MTOP because of the existing colorum.
“It’s about time that we regulate them because this traffic code has been there for so long,” he said.
The Ordinance No. 0334-12 known as the Comprehensive Transport and Traffic Code of Davao City was enacted in 2012.
Based on the Traffic Code, if tricycles or trisikad drivers are caught even for a single violation, the vehicle will be impounded and they will have to settle the issue at the CTTMO office.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market