A Soldier was wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army in Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District yesterday morning.
Lt Col. Oscar Partuza, commander of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, said 3rd Infantry Battalion troopers encountered an undetermined number of the New People’s Army in Tambobong.
The five-minute firefight resulted in the wounded of a soldier.
Troopers also recovered an M16 rifle and one caliber .45 pistol.
Partuza said the encounter transpired while they were on the process of validating information on the alleged presence of the NPA rebels in the barangay.
He said the soldier that was slightly hurt was already being treated.
- Don’t Have a Bank Account Yet? 6 Reasons to Open One Today
- Affected families from monsoon waves get financial assistance
- PRO-XI tightens measures to secure Christmas season
- City starts distributing grocery packs through SafeDavao QR
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 9, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- DOTr awaiting funding for bike lane expansion
- Mayor thumbs down bid for ‘no vaccine, no entry’
- READY FOR OMICRON | City strengthening best practices vs COVID to thwart new threat
- ROUGH CUTS | Will our city college still be squatter?