A Soldier was wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army in Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District yesterday morning.
Lt Col. Oscar Partuza, commander of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, said 3rd Infantry Battalion troopers encountered an undetermined number of the New People’s Army in Tambobong.
The five-minute firefight resulted in the wounded of a soldier.
Troopers also recovered an M16 rifle and one caliber .45 pistol.
Partuza said the encounter transpired while they were on the process of validating information on the alleged presence of the NPA rebels in the barangay.
He said the soldier that was slightly hurt was already being treated.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission