A Soldier was wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army in Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District yesterday morning.
Lt Col. Oscar Partuza, commander of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, said 3rd Infantry Battalion troopers encountered an undetermined number of the New People’s Army in Tambobong.
The five-minute firefight resulted in the wounded of a soldier.
Troopers also recovered an M16 rifle and one caliber .45 pistol.
Partuza said the encounter transpired while they were on the process of validating information on the alleged presence of the NPA rebels in the barangay.
He said the soldier that was slightly hurt was already being treated.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories