A Soldier was wounded in an encounter against members of the New People’s Army in Barangay Tambobong, Baguio District yesterday morning.
Lt Col. Oscar Partuza, commander of the 3rd Infantry Battalion, said 3rd Infantry Battalion troopers encountered an undetermined number of the New People’s Army in Tambobong.
The five-minute firefight resulted in the wounded of a soldier.
Troopers also recovered an M16 rifle and one caliber .45 pistol.
Partuza said the encounter transpired while they were on the process of validating information on the alleged presence of the NPA rebels in the barangay.
He said the soldier that was slightly hurt was already being treated.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1