The evacuation center in Los Amigos, Tugbok District is just undergoing “finishing touches” and now “ready for use,” said Alfredo Baloran, chief of Davao City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO).
The permanent evacuation center is a multi-purpose building, which is also used for training and assemblies of clients. However, in times of calamity, it will be made available to prioritize the victims of disaster and survivors.
The displaced families will be provided with temporary shelter, food, medical needs, clothing, domestic items and comfort giving.
The building is funded by the national government worth P20 million.
The shelter area will help spare schools from being used as temporary evacuation centers which affected regular classes.
Meanwhile, for the evacuation center in Brgy. Mahayag in the second district, Baloran said they are still preparing for the construction site.
“For first district, we still don’t have evacuation center construction plan because we are prioritizing the disaster warehouse,” Baloran said.
Baloran added that since there are many identified temporary shelters in first district compared to other districts, the disaster warehouse has to be constructed first.
According to Baloran, the disaster warehouse can also be utilized as evacuation center but its main purpose is for storage of buffer stocks. “That is the priority of our mayor, not only evacuation centers but for every district to have at least one disaster warehouse,” he said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market