Troops of the 28th Infantry Battalion rescued one wounded member of the New People’s Army following an encounter on March 17 at the boundary of Lupon and Barangay Las Arenas, Pantukan in Compostela Valley.
Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said the troops worked with the provincial government of Davao Oriental to evacuate the wounded guerrilla to the Davao Oriental Provincial Medical Center (DOPMC) last March 18.
The rebel was identified only as Randy (not his real name), 28, who sustained a gunshot wound on his left knee.
Accordingly, Randy was abandoned by his companions when they escaped.
On March 19, Governor Nelson Dayanghirang and Lt Col. Miguel Ramon, 28th IB commander, visited the wounded NPA at the DOPMC.
Dayanghirang assured that the provincial government will shoulder the hospitalization expenses and also facilitate his processing and turnover to the proper authorities.
On the afternoon of March 17, soldiers clashed with NPA rebels at the periphery of Sitio Washington, Barangay Las Arenas, Pantukan, Compostela Valley .
This came after the troops received information from the community about the presence of the NPAs in the area.
Initially, no casualty was reported on both sides but soldiers found two M16 rifles and one rifle grenade.
The pursuit operation led to the rescue of Randy and the recovery of one anti-personnel landmine, nine M203 grenade ammunition, medical paraphernalia, and subversive documents.
- MG Mall Of Asia joins MG Philippines’ Nationwide Dealership Network, and is the first MG Dealership to feature a unique MG “Carffé” Coffee Shop
- EGALITARIAN | Catching up with our neighbors
- CHEMICAL SPILL | Public warned vs. water activities at Davao River until declared safe
- Kadayawan 3D light show at City Hall starts on Aug. 5
- Ex-DA chief Piñol calls for NFA revival to promote PH banana
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Family album
- ROUGH CUTS | Our hat off the CHO
- SEC cancels Flying Bear’s lending license, registration
- City readies aid to quake victims
- LGU, DOH link to enhance campaign on family planning