The Joji Ilagan Career Center Foundation, Inc. (JIB) is set to launch the first batch of the certification course of the Asia Pacific Institute for Events Management (APIEM) – United Kingdom (UK) this November to boost the event management industry of the city.
“We are actually the only international school in hospitality and tourism management. We are international because we give international certifications to our students; they don’t need to leave Davao City,” Nicole Hao Bian, JIB vice president for education and chief executive officer, said during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza.
Bian said that aside from experience and passion, those who want to become part of the industry must also “need an international qualification to level up their skills.”
“(This course) will also teach them on how to be professional and to have the right work ethic when it comes to dealing with suppliers, clients and customers also,” she said, adding that some of the modules that the APIEM – UK certificate is emphasizing are planning, feasibility studies, canvases, risk management and integrating technologies to provide better customer service.
Two weeks ago, APIEM senior officers from Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and UK attended the two-day meeting at JIB regarding their intention on working with the city government in professionalizing the industry.
In November, JIB will hold an international conference aimed at attracting 100 delegates from the country and from other countries.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?