The Joji Ilagan Career Center Foundation, Inc. (JIB) is set to launch the first batch of the certification course of the Asia Pacific Institute for Events Management (APIEM) – United Kingdom (UK) this November to boost the event management industry of the city.
“We are actually the only international school in hospitality and tourism management. We are international because we give international certifications to our students; they don’t need to leave Davao City,” Nicole Hao Bian, JIB vice president for education and chief executive officer, said during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza.
Bian said that aside from experience and passion, those who want to become part of the industry must also “need an international qualification to level up their skills.”
“(This course) will also teach them on how to be professional and to have the right work ethic when it comes to dealing with suppliers, clients and customers also,” she said, adding that some of the modules that the APIEM – UK certificate is emphasizing are planning, feasibility studies, canvases, risk management and integrating technologies to provide better customer service.
Two weeks ago, APIEM senior officers from Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and UK attended the two-day meeting at JIB regarding their intention on working with the city government in professionalizing the industry.
In November, JIB will hold an international conference aimed at attracting 100 delegates from the country and from other countries.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WRITING DETOURS | Confessions of a Fortnite virgin
- ROUGH CUTS | Were they neophyte traffic law enforcers?
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher
- 858 affected workers apply for government financial aid
- PSC says yes to Tokyo Olympics budget from POC
- Go Negosyo, PCCI, OCTA Research join hands to push population protection
- DOLE-Davao hosts virtual job fair
- NPA rebel killed in Misamis clash
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Shot again