As with any induction ceremony, the passing and turnover of responsibilities of the old board to the newly elected officers is considered a formal event. Officers and members who were sworn in and inducted into office by Vice Mayor Bernie Al-ag on March 8, 2019 came in long gown, with the gentlemen in coat and tie.
Pantawan Hall of Casino Filipino was the venue for the dinner and induction ceremony. The evening’s program started with the giving of Presidential Awards and tribute audio-visual presentation to Jean Amoga, 2017 Secretary. 2018 President Abegail “Skyle” Dionela gave her Valedictory Speech and presented a short video of her term and projects the club had accomplished. 2019 President Gladys Gay Ayuste then said her Inaugural Speech. Guest Speaker was Vice Mayor Bernie Al-ag.
Abegail ‘Skye’ Dionela says “As Past President, I encourage every Durces to help the current leadership in sustaining our tradition of excellence.” Gladys Gay Ayuste, newly inducted President says “As the 2019 President of this dynamic chapter, I will lead in scaling up our efforts, reaching out to more stakeholders and developing our skills so that we will be more effective in the execution of our projects.” In her valedictory speech Skye adds: “I leave this quote to my successor: “always remember that moving up the spiral road requires us to learn, commit and do on increasing higher planes.”
2019 Vice President for Community says” I have always dreamed of serving others and extending help to those who need it the most. Doing so teaches us compassion, commitment and love – all for the common good. I am blessed to be able to touch lives and make a difference even through the smallest acts of kindness”.
2019 Vice President for Community Christine H. Ong with Durces
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission