Davao City – Their fastbreak plays did it all as the De La Salle Green Archers capped another Davao City title that concluded this year’s edition of the 82nd Araw ng Dabaw Collegiate basketball league, Thursday night at the expense of Lyceum of the Philippines University Pirates, 73-57 played at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym).
Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP) Encho Serrano delivered the goods for the Green Archers sparking a 12-4 run in the third canto that had them going 40-32 in the third canto and never looked back. Serrano’s 16-point performance through separate assists from Aljun Melecio and Andrei Carracut halted a possible LPU Pirate comeback especially in the fourth capping an alley-hoop play that delighted the local crowd.
The Green Archers anchored by coaches Gian Nazario, Roland Watts and Jermaine Byrd also got help from Joaqui Manuel, Tyrus Hill, Francis Escandor and Justin Baltazar in that final quarter surge that made it clear, 65-50 with a minute left.
The University of the East Red Warriors settled for third place after beating University of Cebu Webmasters, 80-72.
SBP-XI director and Presidential Adviser on Sports Glenn Y. Escandor awarded the winners with their respective cash prizes after the games.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021