Davao City – Some 1,200 entries are expected to answer the starting gun when the much anticipated Herbalife Nutrition IronGirl 2019 reels off on an out and back course starting at the Azuela Cove in Lanang.
“Now on its second year, we are now getting bigger. From 600 entries last year, this time we doubled it. Surprisingly, the 1,000 slots were actually sold out in just 70 minutes when we opened it last February 14,” said Princess Galura of the organizing Sunrise Events Incorporated in yesterday’s Herbalife Brand Ambassadors presentation.
The IronGirl competition will cover a five kilometer run from the Azuela Cove in Lanang going to R. Castillo Street and back.
“We staged this IronGirl for the women who supported their triathlete husbands, boyfriends and kids. This is also to promote a well-balance healthy lifestyle for the women,” said Bong Valenzuela, Herbalife Philippines General Manager.
The Herbalife IronGirls 2019 will be part of this weekend’s races which will also have the Alaska Fortified IronKids Swim-Run race and the second Ironman 70.3 Davao.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized