Organizers of the Alveo Ironman 70.3 triathlon event are mulling to file a case against those responsible for spreading the hoax about the event being canceled.
In a statement sent to TIMES, the organizers called as a hoax the “advisories” circulating around regarding its cancellation.
“The advisory was clearly meant to undermine the staging of the event and sabotage the preparations made by the participants, organizers, partners, and the City Government of Davao,” the city said in a statement.
The international triathlon event is expected to be participated by more than 2,000 from 38 countries.
The city also assured that “all parties involved in the preparations leading to the race day are fully committed to the success of the event, ensuring especially the safety and security of the participants.”
They have already identified the “person/s behind the damaging fake advisory and legal actions are being strongly considered against the culprit.”
The City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) announced, on the other hand, that they are intensifying information dissemination of road closures relative to the event.
“As of now, the CTTMO is now on the dissemination of flyers to churches, establishments, and subdivisions. Traffic advisories until Samal are in place – this include Tagum, Panabo, Carmen, Toril, and Calinan,” said CTTMO head Dionisio Abude.
Other than road signages and flyers, announcements are also available at Facebook and Youtube with videos in English and Bisaya.
The event will have road closures on three days, March 22 for the IronGirls, March 23 for the IronKids, and March 24 for the Alveo Ironman 70.3.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021