The three-day road closure affecting the streets in the northern part of the city will be implemented starting Friday for the Alveo Ironman 70.3 events.
The City government has advised motorists to find alternate routes or avoid the affected area if they don’t have any important matters to do.
City Transport and Traffic Management Office (CTTMO) Chief Dionisio Abude said they conducted massive information campaign for the last two weeks and hope that the public, particularly the motorists and commuters, are now informed about the road closure.
“We (have) put travel advisory and signages (in) those routes affected by the closure,”Abude said during the I-Speak forum yesterday.
And even up to the southern districts of Toril and Calinan and in the Island Garden City of Samal, whose residents bound to the mainland Davao will also be affected, Abude said.
The three-day event will start with the IronGirls Friday.
From 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., the affected areas are R. Castillo Street – the northbound lane going towards Lanang from Go Green Gas Station to the intersection of J.P. Laurel Avenue and R. Castillo Street (Alcantara). The southbound lane (going towards to the center of the city) is open for two-way traffic.
For IronKids on March 23, Saturday, from 4 a.m. to 8 a.m.: R. Castillo Street – the northbound lane only (going towards Lanang) from corner Jerome Street to intersection of J.P. Laurel Avenue and R. Castillo Street (Alcantara). The southbound lane (going towards to the center of the city) is open for two-way traffic.
For the main Alveo Ironman 70.3 event on March 24, Saunday: Davao City – from the intersection of J.P. Laurel Avenue/R. Castillo Street (Alcantara) up to the boundary of Davao City and Panabo City (Lasang): northbound lane (going towards Tagum City) from 3 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – southbound lane (going towards Davao City) from 3 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
With over 2,000 participants from 38 countries, this is the second time in a row that the city hosts the event. (Niño Nicole P. Villareal/UM Intern)
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success