The Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Federation president passed a local legislation that will provide incentives to SK councilors, treasurers, and secretaries.
The proposal was passed on first reading during yesterday’s regular session by Councilor Jaffar Marohomsalic. He wanted an ordinance establishing a mechanism to elevate and uplift the standards of youth governance in Davao City, defining its scope, providing for a system of incentives, and appropriating funds.
The said measure will provide P1,000 monthly incentive to SK councilors, treasurers, and secretaries.
“This ordinance is made for the SK Councilors, secretaries and treasurers. These SK officials have been longing to be incentivized,” Marohomsalic told reporters at the sidelines of the regular session.
In the said proposed ordinance, it provides that RA 10742 or the Sangguniang Kabataan Reform Act of 2015 does not prohibit against any financial assistance, remuneration, or grant to be given by the city government for the SK officials.
The SK Federation president also stated that the 10% allocation from the barangay funds may not be used for personnel services.
Furthermore, the RA 10742 does not provide guidelines for incentives as well, so officials could not “enjoy the benefits,” Marohomsalic said.
“SK officials, other than the chairman, do not receive any honorarium from the barangay, hence, they pushed me for this proposed legislation,” Marohomsalic stated.
Marohomsalic narrated that they are considering the budget of the city government.
With the said proposed matter, Marohomsalic sees improvement on the performance of SK officials.
“I want to provide a reward system for them to work with their SK chairperson. I also want that while they are still at the lower positions of SK, they will be able to develop their skills to work with their leaders,” he said.
Marohomsalic even noted that SK councilors are really “working hard for their communities.”
Meanwhile, he denied allegations that SK councilors have been resigning from their post. “We only received a resignation from the SK chairman of Barangay Tibungco but the position has now been replaced,” he reported.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission