A 32-year-old construction worker of UP Sports Complex was caught smoking by the elements of the Tugbok police. However, he showed a gun tucked at his waist when he resisted in Barangay Oshiro, Tugbok District on Sunday.
Chief Insp. Ricky Obenza, the Tugbok Police Station commander, identified him as Arnold Sabantin Rivas, 32, who works for Bislig construction company, and a resident of Barangay Los Argos, Prosperidad, Agusan Del Sur.
SPO3 Garry Loreño and SPO2 Romil Saquilon, the personnel of the UP substation, called up the desk and informed them about the suspect being held for violation of the Comelec gun ban.
Investigation showed that at 8:10 a.m., the suspect was caught smoking in a public place, which is prohibited under City Ordinances 0367-12.
When police tried to issue a citation ticket, the suspect reportedly showed his gun.
They demanded documents for the firearm but he failed to present any.
Recovered from his possession was the 9mm caliber pistol with serial number 9800229 along with eight bullets.
The gun was licensed to Black volt Security Corporation with office address of Km. 10, Catalunan Pequeño and was issued to their security personnel, Marlon Usman, 34, who is assigned at the UP Sports Complex.
Reportedly, Usman left the gun at the bunk house but the gun was taken by the suspect.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls