Police said the 82nd Araw ng Dabaw celebration was “generally peaceful and orderly.”
Davao City Police Office (DCPO) Director Alexander Tagum said there was “no reported untoward incident or criminality” during the Parada Davaoeño and the Lechon Baka feast.
“We have successfully secured one of the biggest annual events of our beloved city,” Tagum said.
During the event, more than 1,000 uniformed police personnel were deployed around the city.
Aside from DCPO officers, the regional police headquarters deployed additional troops from the Reactionary Standby Support Force (RSSF) and the Regional Mobile Force Battalion (RMFB) to intensify police presence through increased foot patrol and mobile patrol operations.
Police Assistance Desks were also established in places of convergence.
The police did not only secure the city, they also joined in the grand parade that was also participated in by other government agencies, religious sector, academe, local government units, and other stakeholders.
Regional Police Director Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales commended the efforts of the city government for the successful festivity.
“We are one with the Dabawenyos in celebrating this anniversary. May this activity bring economic growth to Davao,” Morales said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market