There are 772 areas in the country that are placed under watch for the coming elections.
But Department of Interior Local Government (DILG) Sec. Eduardo Año could not immediately confirm if there is any in Davao region.
“In Davao region, I’m not sure… but I have not seen any,” Año said.
He specifically mentioned Daraga in Albay and Cotabato City in the list.
The DILG head, in his Davao visit, said they are still validating information on other areas.
He also said that they are intensifying their operation to neutralize private armed groups during and after elections.
“Also the loose firearms (campaign) will be a continuous campaign of our policemen,” he said. The Philippine National Police is the control of the DILG.
Año, a former Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, said they are also monitoring candidates who are supporting the New People’s Army. In 2016, they recorded 349 local government officials to have given monetary consideration to the NPA to get permit to campaign.
“We are still monitoring them now,” Año said.
“I warned those who are running not to give in to the (demand of the) NPA because will go after in you,” he said. “We will file case against you.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success