Barangay Marilog Proper in Marilog District is the first barangay in the city to implement the Tabangan Atong Reformist Aron Naay Asenso – City Community-Based Rehabilitation Aftercare Program (TARA NA-CBRAP) down to the sitio level.
Marilog also has the highest number of clients to advance to Phase 2 of TARA NA-CBRAP, which involves aftercare with 154 out of 280 reformists.
City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (CADAC) program director Ronaldo Rivera lauded the achievement of Marilog Proper, a hinterland barangay in the city’s third district.
Rivera said the success is attributed to the barangay’s cultural competence, especially of the Ovu Manobo and Matigsalog tribes in the area.
CADAC also commended Marilog Barangay Captain Purificacion Suyko on leading the initiative down to the 48 sitios of the barangay.
“The people revere their chieftains, and the chief loves their people, and all the services are in place,” Rivera told Times.
Rivera also lauded the contribution of the private partners, the Ateneo de Davao University and Davao Medical School Foundation, as well as government offices such as City Health Office, City Social Services and Development Office, Philippine National Police Police-Community Relations, and Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council.
As many of the reformists have moved on to another phase, Rivera stated that CADAC will still continue drug screening.
“We will still continue the drug screening on the sitio level through their purok leaders. We will train their auxiliary for the Sitio level,” Rivera said.
For the aftercare program, the 154 reformists who advance to the next phase will undergo skills training, financial assistance, and livelihood assistance.
After Barangay Marilog, Barangay Malamba in Marilog District will most likely be the next barangay to implement TARA NA CBRAP down to the sitio level.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission