Authorities seized P480,000 worth of shabu from a laborer who was arrested in a buy-bust in Purok 12, Davao-Bukidnon Highway, Calinan past midnight on Thursday.
Davao City Police Office director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum identified the suspect as Sannie Boy Quita Bermodes, 28, a resident of Purok Dahlia, Barangay Baguio Proper, Baguio District.
Tagum said the DCPO-Intelligence Branch, under Supt. Noel Asumen, received information around 10 p.m. Wednesday that a certain “Sonny Boy” was selling illegal drugs in Calinan.
A special task group, composed of the City Drug Enforcement Unit (CDEU) led by Sr. Insp. Melvin Montecillo and Calinan Police Station, led by Chief Insp. Arquiomedes Wesley, was immediately formed to entrap the suspect.
Tagum said a policeman, acting as buyer, bought a medium-size sachet from Bermodes at 12:30 a.m. Following his arrest, they seized from him large sachets of shabu placed in a Marlboro cigarette box, along with the P500 marked money.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Calinan Police Station to face a case for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021