The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) said on Thursday night that there are still 50 narco-politicians who are subject for validation following the release of the 46 names of politicians allegedly involved in illegal drugs.
The initial list released to the public by President Rodrigo Duterte includes 35 mayors, seven vice mayors, one provincial board member, and three members of the House of Representatives.
Año, in an interview at the sidelines of the Joint AFP-PNP command conference on Thursday held at Arcadia event center in Ecoland, said they already filed the administrative cases against the officials on Thursday morning at the Office of the Ombudsman upon the instruction of President Rodrigo Duterte.
“For criminal cases, the PDEA will file and will follow later on,” he said.
He said all 46 names mentioned by Duterte are all incumbents.
However, some of them were already dismissed and suspended by the Ombudsman for various cases.
“Out of 46, there are four of them who did not file candidacy or seeking for reelection,” he said.
The DILG secretary said the 46 names were carefully validated since 2017.
“They are protector, coddler, and involved, it is mixed already (on their involvement in illegal drugs activity),” he said.
In an earlier interview, Año said they have not monitored any politician coming from Davao Region who are involved in drugs.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos