The Supreme Court Chief Justice condemned the recent killing of a lawyer in Tagum City.
“That is very tragic because no human life should be wasted in that manner especially if you are a lawyer who is serving the cause of justice,” Chief Justice Lucas Bersamin said Thursday in an interview during the sidelines of the launching of the Justice Zone here yesterday.
On the evening of March 13, Wednesday, Rex Jasper Lopoz, 41, a resident of Purok 9, Nabunturan, Compostela Valley, was shot to death outside a mall in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
Although Bersamin still has to know the details of the incident, he expressed his call for an immediate investigation on the case.
“I join the clamor for instant investigation to identify the killer and killers of the lawyer,” Bersamin said.
“I call on the law enforcement agencies of the government to extirpate criminalities, especially the gun for hire or whoever is disposed to be criminally-minded because that has no space in our society,” he said.
In September last year, motorcycle-riding gunmen killed Atty. Connie Villamor in Barangay Mankilam, Tagum City in broad daylight.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market