The proposal to tax independent and self-styled accommodation facilities has gotten support from some associations, including property managers, a top city government said.
Regina Rosa Tecson, head of the City Tourism Operations Office, on Thursday said that heads of associations and property managers, in a meeting last month, agreed with the proposal to require these accommodations to secure business permits.
“It was to remind them (self-styled accommodation establishments) that since they are conducting business by renting out their condo units or houses, they should get a business permit,” said Tecson.
She said the city government and the groups have agreed to inspect condominium units in the city after the founding anniversary celebration of the city.
The inspection team will be composed of members and representatives from the Business Bureau, the City Planning and Development Office (CPDO), the City Engineer’s Office (CEO), the Department of Tourism (DOT), and the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR).
However, Tecson admitted that her agency does not have the data on these establishments even as she pointed out that some property managers do not allow this kind of home-sharing business.
She added that her agency cannot stop property owners from renting out their units to anyone as it is the property managers are the one who have the authority. “Our concern is only to ensure they have business permits for security purposes,” she said.
Under the Amended Tourism Code of Davao City, “home sharing applications must first secure a certificate of registration from the City Tourism Operations Office and a mayor’s permit to operate from the Office of the City mayor.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success