A 41-year-old lawyer-musician was shot to death by still unidentified perpetrators at the parking area of Citi Mall, Visayan Village, Tagum City, Davao del Norte Wednesday night.
Sr. Supt. Ferlu Silvio, the director of Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office (DNPPO), identified the victim as Atty. Rex Jasper M. Lopoz, 41, married, a resident of Purok 9, Nabunturan, Compostela Valley.
Lopoz also fronted the band Attorney Rex and the Taraming.
According to the report, Lopoz was shot to death by unidentified suspect/s using a gun of unknown caliber.
The victim sustained a gunshot wound at the back of his body, indicating he was shot from behind.
Initial investigation disclosed that the victim was about to board his vehicle when he suddenly fell down to the ground.
He was rushed by his companion, a certain Daddy Santos, to the Bishop Joseph Reagon Memorial Hospital, thinking the lawyer just suffered a heart attack.
However, the attending physician noted the gunshot wound at the back of the victim’s body.
“Our investigators are already interviewing possible witnesses and trying to determine the motive,” Silvio said.
He said the Tagum City police chief is already directed to fast track the investigation.
From a family of lawyers, the victim was a younger brother of former Ombudsman lawyer Jaime Jr. and 2000 Top-2 bar placer Arvin Dexter.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success