Local government units (LGUs) need to enhance their respective Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) by including disaster risk reduction and management mechanisms in order for them to be able to access national government-initiated programs, officials of the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) said yesterday.
They added that only about 10% among Mindanao LGUs and this has prevented the others from accessing programs through the People’s Survival Fund (PSF) which is part of the implementation of the Mindanao Development Corridors (MinDC).
“CLUP is really needed so that investments can enter (a certain place) and because of the non-consolidated and non-updated CLUP, we are having difficulty in recommending to investors possible investment sites, said Joan Barrera, MinDA-MinDC project development head, during the Wednesdays @ Habi at Kape – Abreeza.
MinDC is a spatial strategy of MinDA that “aims for a seamless physical integration and strong economic cooperation among regions in Mindanao,” Barrera explained.
Because most LGUs do not have enhanced CLUPs, they have failed to access funding for programs through the PSF, she added.
Yvette Valderia, MinDC development Management Officer, said that an LGU needs about six month to enhance its CLUP and another one year to process its application for the PSF funding because of the stringent processes that include multiple reviews of the application.
Meanwhile, as of November 2018, there were 42 inter-regional projects under MinDC, 32 of which are roads; six are bridges, and four for flood controls.
These projects have been implemented in coordination with the National Economic and Development Authority, Department of Public Works and Highways and other implementing agencies.
MinDC is also contemplating on the implementation and road projects within the new Bangsamoro Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) as discussed during the 10th MinDC – Joint Planning and Programming (JPP) session last February.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success