• Public reminded on ‘no backpack’ policy for Araw ng Dabaw, President Duterte rally
Authorities reminded the public that the “no backpack policy” will be implemented during the Araw ng Dabaw celebration, Ironman, and the political rally of President Rodrigo Duterte at the Crocodile Park on Friday.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing, Task Force Davao commander, Col. Nolasco Mempin, said that at least 400 soldiers and militias will help the police secure the Parada Dabawenyo, the highlight of the Araw ng Dabaw celebration.
For the political rally on Friday, he said a maximum security coverage, including the armor and sea assets, will be deployed.
“This morning, we had already conducted shoreline patrol just to ensure that we will not miss the possible shoreline entry points,” Mempin said.
He said they already conducted soft deployment in the Crocodile Park since they are expecting attendees to arrive early dawn of Friday.
“So the TF Davao and PNP will start conducting checkpoints while the inspection will be conducted inside the Crocodile Park,” he added.
Mempin said the public is advised to get off from the buses or vehicles at the parking area and just walk going to the venue.
“Before lunch, the Presidential Security Group is already in control in the area,” he added.
Sr. Insp. Maria Theresita Gaspan, Davao City Police Office spokesperson, said there will no luggage counters at the parade area and during the political rally. She said this will only add burden on the security forces.
“So we would like to encourage the public not to bring those prohibited things inside the activity areas,” Gaspan said.
Just like the last year’s celebration, prohibited items include backpacks, non-transparent canisters, and bladed weapons. Also included in the ban is “wearing military uniforms that are unauthorized.”
Meanwhile, caps and sunglasses are allowed but they should be removed during inspection.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market