The New People’s Army (NPA) was declared persona non grata by Jose Abad Santos as the town condemned the atrocities committed by the Communist rebels.
Resolution No. 04-2019, signed by Mayor Jason John Joyce, stated that members and sympathizers of Communist Party of the Philippines-National Democratic Front-NPA continuously commit acts of violence, terrorism, violent extremism, and other forms of lawlessness, oppression, and harassment against the residents of Jose Abad Santos.
It also reads that the group constantly violates the International Humanitarian Law in attacking civilians; non-military equipment, and non-government facilities and establishments.
“The presence of the CPP-NPA-NDF threatens the economic, social and political stability and the well-being of the province and its populace,” it reads.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Capt. Jerry Lamosao, the spokesperson of 10th Infantry Division, said that more and more local government units have been declaring the NPA as “unwelcome” or “unacceptable.”
“We would like to remind everybody that the CPP-NPA-NDF, while also their anniversary is coming, they are on the move to create more atrocities in the areas where they still have a presence but rest assured that the 10th ID is ready,” Lamosao said.
“The manifestation that the municipality of Jose Abad Santos made declaring the CPP-NPA-NDF as persona non grata is a good start so that the group will be denied on the recruitment opportunity and, at the same time, perform its atrocious plan,” he added.
“So we are happy on the declaration of the CPP-NPA-NDF as persona non grata,” Lamosao said.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market