A 20-year-old construction worker was arrested at the Comelec checkpoint at 10:50 p.m. on March 10, along Cabantian road, Buhangin.
April Humayag Pendijito, a resident of Estores Street, Panacan, was reportedly stopped at the checkpoint for wearing slippers while driving a motorcycle.
However, authorities suspected that he was intoxicated and subjected him to a sobriety test. The alcohol breath analyzer turned in a positive result of 1.66%.
Pendijito reportedly violated RA 4136 (traffic law) and RA 10586 (Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013) and is now under the custody of the Buhangin police.
By Liana Rose Delos Santos/UM Intern
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories