A 20-year-old construction worker was arrested at the Comelec checkpoint at 10:50 p.m. on March 10, along Cabantian road, Buhangin.
April Humayag Pendijito, a resident of Estores Street, Panacan, was reportedly stopped at the checkpoint for wearing slippers while driving a motorcycle.
However, authorities suspected that he was intoxicated and subjected him to a sobriety test. The alcohol breath analyzer turned in a positive result of 1.66%.
Pendijito reportedly violated RA 4136 (traffic law) and RA 10586 (Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013) and is now under the custody of the Buhangin police.
By Liana Rose Delos Santos/UM Intern
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission