A 20-year-old construction worker was arrested at the Comelec checkpoint at 10:50 p.m. on March 10, along Cabantian road, Buhangin.
April Humayag Pendijito, a resident of Estores Street, Panacan, was reportedly stopped at the checkpoint for wearing slippers while driving a motorcycle.
However, authorities suspected that he was intoxicated and subjected him to a sobriety test. The alcohol breath analyzer turned in a positive result of 1.66%.
Pendijito reportedly violated RA 4136 (traffic law) and RA 10586 (Anti-Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013) and is now under the custody of the Buhangin police.
By Liana Rose Delos Santos/UM Intern
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months