The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration XI recorded 1,179 approved application for its financial assistance program to distressed workers from the Middle East countries, Singapore, and Taiwan.
In line with the program Balik Pinas! Balik Hanapbuhay!, each beneficiary will get P20,000, which will serve as a startup or additional capital for the livelihood project.
“Most of the project proposals submitted for the livelihood support are hog-raising, sari-sari store, piso net, beauty parlor, e-loading, bakery, and delicacies making,” OWWA XI regional director Petrona Bergado said.
Bergado also noted that they are still continuously evaluating the sustainability of the livelihood packages meant to provide immediate relief to returning displaced OFWs.
“After their application, a group from our office proceeds to their site and evaluate if the business really exists and if their equipment for the project is ready,” Bergado said.
The OWWA XI continues to conduct orientation for the program to guide potential recipients on how they can avail of the livelihood assistance.
“As one of the basic requirements of this program, you need to have a concise and simple business plan which will serve as our basis in the release of your livelihood assistance,” Melody Tomas, the region’s program in-charge, explained.
Project evaluators will conduct a project site visit and evaluation of their respective livelihood undertakings afterwards.
Qualifying applicants will submit the needed documents to the regional office for approval of the regional director. As of the January this year, the OWWA already received 96 applications awaiting evaluation.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories