Almost 2,000 PNP personnel were deployed on Tuesday to secure the National Peace and Order Council-Regional Peace and Order Council (NPOC-RPOC) set for Thursday.
Chief Insp. Jason Baria, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, said the 1,294 personnel come from the Regional Standby Support Force, Davao City Police Office, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, Aviation Security Unit, and supported by the Task Force Davao.
The NPOC-RPOC and the AFP-PNP command conference will be held at The Grand Regal Hotel. President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to attend the event.
Top-ranking officials of the Department of Interior and Local Government and all regional directors of the police will be attending.
In his message yesterday during the deployment, Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, the director of PRO XI, said, “it is always a challenge for us to maintain and give our populace to the best police service that we have.”
“But we cannot do this alone, our healthy partnership with other law enforcement agencies together with the community is a must,” he added.
Also, the regional director urged the men and women of the force to sacrifice in ensuring the peace and order of the city. “In that way, we can claim that during the said activities, Davao City can achieve another zero-crime incident,” he said.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach