The Davao City Water District (DCWD) assures the public that there is enough water supply in the city despite the dry spell expected at the end of the month.
“The beauty of (our) existing water source is that it is sourced from groundwater supply, so, if there are any effects on the El Niño, it is very minimal,” Jovana Cresta Duhaylungsod said in Monday’s Kapehan sa Dabaw Press Club at SM City Davao.
According to Duhaylungsod, dry spells usually affect surface water source, but with the city’s water sourced 100 meters down, there is a minimal correlation on the dry spell and the supply of water.
However, the DCWD is now gearing up for summer, a period that water consumption is expected to rise.
“What we are preparing… is the increase of water consumption. With El Niño or not, as long as it is summer season, based on the trend, consumption hikes,” Duhaylungsod said.
The DCWD, meanwhile, assures that they are not complacent on the supply of the water in the city
“But we are still evaluating our production for precautionary measures,” Duhaylungsod said.
The quasi-government institution also signified that rationing will least likely to happen.
Based on their data, the city consumes 302 million liters per day in 2018 and projects 320 million liters consumption per day for this year.
Such number is based on the existing service connections, and the possible expansion of the DCWD service coverage in 2019.
Duhaylungsod also noted that the bulk of the consumption is still from the residential areas but commercial consumption is also looming to hike with the continued commercial and industrial development in the city.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized