The Department of Agriculture (DA) XI already served 50 clients after launching the Malasakit help desk for nearly a month now.
The DA’s Malasakit Help Desk was in full operation last Feb. 18, 2019. One day after the launching, the personnel of the Paquibato Police Station led by Chief Insp. Achilles Bargio visited the DA XI compound requesting vegetable seedlings for their community where mostly Lumads are resident.
In response, the DA XI gave 100 assorted seedlings and two boxes of 8-in-1 vegetable seeds to the PNP team. The seeds will be used for the “Binhi sa Kaumahan Program” which the agency initiated in Paquibato.
Noel T. Provido, head of the DA XI-Regional Agriculture & Fishery Information Section, the clients who reached out to them are usually local farmers who ask for agricultural crop seedlings and the planting strategies to maximize yield.
“There are assigned personnel to address their needs. The Malasakit help desk is about referral in which clients will be referred to assigned DA sections or units depending on what their concerns are all about,” Provido told TIMES on Monday.
Provido also clarified that the DA assistance will not be limited to Malasakit help desk alone, as they are also active in extending interventions to people who do not have direct contact with the government.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories