In just less than three months, the Task Force Davao has already confiscated more than P1 million worth of illegal drugs in the city’s checkpoints.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, TFD commander, said they have intercepted the transport of shabu and marijuana, worth P1,303,630, into the city since the start of the year.
They seized 36.39 grams of shabu, worth P457,850, and seven kilos and 38.08 grams of marijuana, worth P845,780.
Based on the TFD record, 12 persons were apprehended for sneaking in shabu, while nine others were arrested for marijuana.
Mempin said all the 21 arrested suspects were properly turned over to the police for the filing of appropriate case.
The TFD mans the three entry and exit points in the city – Lasang in Bunawan, Sirawan in Toril and Lacson in Calinan. Initially intended as precautionary action against terrorism, checkpoint inspectors later included anti-drug in the operation.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories