In just less than three months, the Task Force Davao has already confiscated more than P1 million worth of illegal drugs in the city’s checkpoints.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, TFD commander, said they have intercepted the transport of shabu and marijuana, worth P1,303,630, into the city since the start of the year.
They seized 36.39 grams of shabu, worth P457,850, and seven kilos and 38.08 grams of marijuana, worth P845,780.
Based on the TFD record, 12 persons were apprehended for sneaking in shabu, while nine others were arrested for marijuana.
Mempin said all the 21 arrested suspects were properly turned over to the police for the filing of appropriate case.
The TFD mans the three entry and exit points in the city – Lasang in Bunawan, Sirawan in Toril and Lacson in Calinan. Initially intended as precautionary action against terrorism, checkpoint inspectors later included anti-drug in the operation.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success