In many countries, business and trade organizations grant brands and companies a seal of their approval signifying the high level of standards that they have achieved.
Such is the same for Taiwan with their Taiwan Excellence, a title that honors their most innovative and value-added products.
“Only establishments that pass the criteria, based on excellence in research and development, design, quality, marketing and manufacturing, are worthy of Taiwan Excellence,” said Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) deputy executive director strategic marketing department Tony Lin during the Taiwan Excellence Davao launch last Friday, March 8, at the Marco Polo Hotel Davao.
Since 1970, TAITRA, a non-profit trade promotion organization backed by government, industry and commercial organizations, has been assisting Taiwanese businesses in reinforcing international competitiveness and helping them cope with the challenges in foreign markets.
“We bridge Taiwanese companies with overseas industries. You can say we are the matchmakers. We create networks and cooperation from both sides,” he added.
The Taiwan Excellence in Davao highlighted select brands, such as ADATA Technology, ASUS Technology, COMEUP Winch Industries, Saeko, Transcend Information, Johnson, Kymco, Tern, Deya and Zyxel Communications, with a total of 37 world-class products, which were also showcased yesterday, March 10, at the Taiwan Excellence Experience Zone at People’s Park. Taiwan Excellence also supported yesterday’s Davao International Marathon at the same venue.
“We express our appreciation in Taiwan’s interest in our country’s current business environment. We are glad that TAITRA is launching Taiwan Excellence in Davao by promoting Taiwan-made products, creating brand awareness and preference for Taiwanese brands for the Filipino market,” said Enrique S. Beltran, director of trade of the Manila Economic and Cultural Office.
He added that the Taiwanese product exhibition will give an excellent opportunity, especially for Mindanao consumers, to be informed about the latest, cost-effective, world class and innovative products with the highest quality.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months