The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) XI has sought the endorsement of the City Council for the concreting of the Mamay-Laverna-Diversion Bypass Road.
The project is divided into three phases, targeted to be competed on 2020 with a total budget of P492 million.
DPWH XI Regional Director Allan Borromeo, in a letter addressed to the council, has requested the councilors’ favorable endorsement as such road is envisioned to “distribute traffic passing Mamay Road towards Davao City Diversion Road in order to decongest the worsening traffic condition at Junction Mamay and Diversion Road.”
“This bypass road will serve as diversion road to north-bound vehicles in case flashfloods occur along the Diversion Road, entrance of La Verna Hills Subdivision,” Borromeo said in a letter.
He said that the flooding in the area has caused inconvenience and paralysis traffic flow and damages to private and public vehicles drowned during high-ceiling flashfloods.
“(The) Davao City International Airport is also located in the area, therefore the need to address the increasing traffic congestion at its major intersection of Davao City Diversion Road and to address the need for a continuous flow during flash floods,” Borromeo said.
The City Council passed the item on first reading and forwarded it to the Committee on Public Works and Highways, under Councilor Jesus Joseph Zozobrado, to conduct public hearings.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories