The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) XI has sought the endorsement of the City Council for the concreting of the Mamay-Laverna-Diversion Bypass Road.
The project is divided into three phases, targeted to be competed on 2020 with a total budget of P492 million.
DPWH XI Regional Director Allan Borromeo, in a letter addressed to the council, has requested the councilors’ favorable endorsement as such road is envisioned to “distribute traffic passing Mamay Road towards Davao City Diversion Road in order to decongest the worsening traffic condition at Junction Mamay and Diversion Road.”
“This bypass road will serve as diversion road to north-bound vehicles in case flashfloods occur along the Diversion Road, entrance of La Verna Hills Subdivision,” Borromeo said in a letter.
He said that the flooding in the area has caused inconvenience and paralysis traffic flow and damages to private and public vehicles drowned during high-ceiling flashfloods.
“(The) Davao City International Airport is also located in the area, therefore the need to address the increasing traffic congestion at its major intersection of Davao City Diversion Road and to address the need for a continuous flow during flash floods,” Borromeo said.
The City Council passed the item on first reading and forwarded it to the Committee on Public Works and Highways, under Councilor Jesus Joseph Zozobrado, to conduct public hearings.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success