The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) XI spearheaded the launching of first Go Lokal store in Davao Region which will become the display place for products designed and produced by micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in the country.
The agency, in partnership with Abreeza Ayala Mall and Mindanao Trade Expo Foundation Inc. (MTEFI), unveiled the outlet which will showcase world-class products of the Davao Region to shoppers.
The Go Lokal store is a retail concept of DTI to showcase quality and innovative Philippine products.
DTI XI Director Maria Belenda Ambi said the pop-up store will serve as a marketing platform for MSMEs.
She said through its One Town One Product (OTOP) Next Gen program, DTI assured that products are on top-level particularly in the “areas of quality, product development, design, packaging, standards compliance, marketability, production capability, brand development, among others.”
Authentic products from Mindanao will also be found on display at the newly lauched pop-up store, like textiles, brasswork, nito, bamboo, homegrown cacao-based products, processed fruits and nuts and more.
MTEFI, a Davao based nonprofit organization committed to MSME development, will be managing the Go Lokal store.
“This is another milestone for MTEFI. Through the years, we remain committed to empowering our MSMEs in Mindanao,” MTEFI president Dr. Rosevic Cembrano said.
She also added that this challenging role entrusted to them will help MTEFI even more expand their horizon from just “organizing trade fairs, product development initiatives and conduct of trade trainings”.
The Go Lokal store is located in the hallway between H&M and Max Cosmetic store at Abreeza Mall.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories