A truck driver and his helper were arrested by authorities after shabu were allegedly found in their vehicle while passing through the cargo inspection area in Barangay Lasang, Bunawan District at 3:50 a.m. Sunday.
Col. Nolasco Mempin, the commander of the Task Force Davao, identified the suspects as Malvin Dura Arabiana, 32, truck driver, married and resident of Barangay Ula, Tugbok District, and his helper, Hegging F. Adajar, 35, married and resident of Phase 2, SIR, Barangay Bucana.
Mempin said agents of Task Group Lawin found in their possession a sachet of shabu and a tooter during the inspection in Sitio Licanan. The shabu weighed 0.11 gram, with an estimated value of P1,500.
He said Arabiana was driving a wing van, with plate no. 412, with Adajar. Bound to the city, the cargo van came from Cebu City.
While at the cargo inspection area, the inspectors noticed a protruding improvised glass tube placed in between the front seats of the truck.
This prompted the inspector to check the truck. An elongated sachet of suspected shabu was found in the possession of Adajar.
In another drug case, a taxi passenger was arrested at the same checkpoint at 3:25 p.m. yesterday for possessing more that P80,000 worth of shabu.
Mempin identified the suspect as Rey Pastera, 41, married and resident of Purok 9, Panabo City, Davao del Norte.
He said an inspector found four sachets of shabu, weighing 5.82 grams with an estimated street P87,300 and a tooter, in Pastera’s possession.
Mempin said Pastera was on board a taxi traveling from Panabo going to Davao City.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online