The City Council has urged the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO) to increase the enrollees of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps), particularly to residents in the far-flung Paquibato District.
“Paquibato has a great number of families belonging to the poorest state needing health and educational assistance from the government that qualify for the 4Ps,” Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, chair of the council Committee on Finance, Ways, Means and Appropriations, said.
Paquibato District has been the pilot area of PEACE 911, a peace and development initiative of the local government.
“Paquibato has now attained sustainable peace where its communities are thankful to the City Government, the next step is addressing basic social services,” said Dayanghorang, a legislator representing the second district that include Paquibato area.
Specifically, delivering the basic social needs should be address through comprehensive programs and services to help them become productive, self-reliant and attain a better life, particularly with the 4Ps that provides cash grants to the poor families, Dayanghirang said in his resolution that was supported by his colleagues.
The 4Ps aims to improve health, nutrition, and education of children aged 0-18 with the conditional cash transfer (CCT) schemes.
With 40,000 residents, Paquibato district was once a
stronghold of “the rebel New People’s Army (NPA), for the longest time until PEACE 911 was successfully implemented in the area,” Dayanghirang said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- As many as 27,000 booster shots can be administered daily: official
- Vaccination rollout for 5-11 age group pilot-tested in Manila first before DC
- 5 arrested in buy-bust, drug den raid
- Honda introduces its newest rough terrain bike
- Jarlo Bâse marks his major label debut with soulful, laid-back track “Kalapati”
- J-Pop queen Hikaru Utada delivers another pop masterpiece with eighth studio album, Bad Mode
- Concepcion backs DOLE’s call to private sector employers, but insists it should be voluntary
- WANDERLUST | Blue Lotus Hotel holds relaunch
- NPA regional committee in R-11 to be dismantled in next months