An escape from the Davao Penal Colony was killed by the authorities in a buy-bust operation in Jade Valley Homes, Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District yesterday.
Antonio Rivera, the chief of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified the fatality as Rogelio Capistrano III of Block 6, Phase 2, Jade Valley Homes.
Rivera said Capistrano was considered as a high-value target.
Aside from illegal drugs, Capistrano was also monitored to be involved in gun-for-hire operation.
“He was used as a hitman,” he said.
Led by the PDEA XI-Davao city team, the operation was supported by PDEA-Davao Occidental office the Seaport Interdiction Unit (SIU), and National Bureau of Investigation.
During the buy-bust at 1:10 p.m. yesterday, Capistrano allegedly drew a pistol and fired one of the operatives when he was about to be arrested after selling a sachet of shabu to an undercover officer.
The suspect sustained three gunshot wounds in his body that resulted to his death.
Agents allegedly recovered one gram of shabu, a .38 caliber pistol, assorted Identification cards and a motorcycle from the fallen suspect.
He said that Capistrano was convicted in a murder case and escaped from the Davao Penal Colony in 2016.
- Composite teams named for COVID vaccination program
- Marawi, Lanao Sur MSMEs to benefit from Plant Tissue Lab
- READY FOR JABBING | Almost 100% of 2,300 DCPO members willing to be vaccinated
- Over 500,000 identified for the vaccination priority list
- PARADIGM SHIFT | Why Is the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Silent on China’s Treatment of Uyghur Muslims When the United States Alleges Genocide?
- PNIA primed to boost nickel sector
- Choice Mart is now on foodpanda
- Public urged: Watch out for entities using games, franchise programs
- BDO offers QR Code withdrawals from select ATMs
- Your next best roommate could be a plant