Davao City – The University of Cebu Webmasters completes the four-team roster of the coming 2019 Araw ng Dabaw Invitational basketball tournament which tips off on March 18 to 21 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
The Webmasters which last saw action in Davao City during the Visayas-Mindanao leg of the Philippine Collegiate Champions League (PCCL) will join the De La Salle Green Archers and University of the East Red Warriors of the UAAP and Lyceum University Pirates of the NCAA.
“They will be the replacement of San Beda University and Arellano University which signified to join first but backed out in the last minute,” said SBP-XI regional operations head Ronel Leuterio.
The tournament will follow the single round-robin elimination format with the top two teams moving on to the finals while the lower seeded squads play for third.
Cash prizes and trophies will be given to the winners of the four-day tournament presented by the SBP-XI chapter and the City Government of Davao.
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach