TWO WOMEN are facing a charge after they were caught collecting and tallying bets for the numbers game ‘Last two’ on Wednesday.
Elements of the Talomo police conducted an operation at 8:30 p.m. in Bago Aplaya, which led to the arrest of Virginia Ampa Reyes, 49, and Jolina Ansong Sablo, 40, both residents of Saavedra Village, Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District.
Found in their possession were gambling paraphernalia, calculator, notebook, and P240 cash.
They are facing a case for violation of Republic Act 9287, which increases the penalty for the illegal numbers game.
By Niño Nicole P. Villareal/UM Intern
- Overhauling the Philippine education system
- STATEMENT |
- DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS | Prime Minister SUGA Yoshihide and President Rodrigo Duterte on the occasion of the 65th Anniversary of Japan-Philippines Friendship
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- NEW FEATURE | Residents can choose vax schedule using DQR
- 19 undergo process to return to mainstream society
- Program to provide help to those affected by HPBS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES | JULY 29, 2021
- Mindanawan lass slays US air defense artillery course