TWO WOMEN are facing a charge after they were caught collecting and tallying bets for the numbers game ‘Last two’ on Wednesday.
Elements of the Talomo police conducted an operation at 8:30 p.m. in Bago Aplaya, which led to the arrest of Virginia Ampa Reyes, 49, and Jolina Ansong Sablo, 40, both residents of Saavedra Village, Barangay Bago Aplaya, Talomo District.
Found in their possession were gambling paraphernalia, calculator, notebook, and P240 cash.
They are facing a case for violation of Republic Act 9287, which increases the penalty for the illegal numbers game.
By Niño Nicole P. Villareal/UM Intern
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach