An incumbent municipal councilor of Manay, Davao Oriental was arrested during the implementation of a search warrant inside his house in Barangay Del Pilar, Manay around 3 a.m. on Wednesday, March 6.
Meanwhile, several guns and explosives were also seized by the operating team.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo Morales, the director of Police Regional Office XI, identified the suspect as Levy Joe Lumando, 40.
He was arrested by the PNP composite team (Regional Drug Enforcement Unit, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, Manay Municipal Police Station) and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI for violation of RA 9165.
Recovered from his house were two sachets of shabu; rifle grenade; hand grenade; short magazine for cal. 5.56; 19 live rounds cal. 5.56; short magazine for cal. 5.56; 20 live rounds cal. 5.56; three short magazine for cal. 5.56; 19 live rounds cal. 5.56; 31 live rounds cal. 5.56; 28 live rounds cal. 5.56; and two pieces steel magazine for cal. 5.56.
Also recovered were nine rounds live ammunition for cal. 380; 13 live ammo for cal. 30; live ammo for cal. 45; One Taurus PT 45 Pro caliber ACP with serial number NBU13045, and nine rounds of live ammunition.
All recovered illegal drug items have an estimated street value of P12,000.
Lumando is considered a high-value target as he is an incumbent legislator in Manay.
Morales said a criminal case will be filed against the him for violations of RA 10591(Illegal possession of Freiarms) and RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
“It is very sad to hear and see that there are still local barangay officials who are involved in illegal drugs,” Morales said.
“However, the PNP’s fight against this social menace chooses no one, whether you are famous or not, rich or poor, once engaged, we will hunt you down,” he said. “We must restore trust and confidence of the people in the capacities of the government.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success