Operatives busted a drug den in Barangay Buhangin Proper, Buhangin District and arrested the operators and four other alleged drug users on Wednesday night.
Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI director Antonio Rivera identified the alleged drug dean maintainer as Novie Homono Ortaneza, 48, of 588 Carnation Street, Buhangin Proper.
The other alleged drug den visitors were identified as Romeo Ebon Abug, Ernesto Kabristante Anino, James Calido Alaba, and Edward Roquenasa Tedura.
Rivera said they have received information on the illegal operation of Ortaneza so they staged the operation on Wednesday night.
Aided by the Intelligence Service of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (ISAFP), the PDEA conducted the buy-bust operation at 9:20 p.m.
They seized 15 grams of shabu worth of P180,000, drug drug paraphernalia, and a .45 caliber pistol.
Meanwhile, a high value target was also arrested in Digos City, Davao del Sur at 10:05 p.m.
Rivera identified the suspect as Nely Almendras Dulce, alias Tata Dulce, a high value target (HVT).
Rivera said the PDEA-Davao del Sur, Davao del Sur Police Provincial Drug Enforcement Unit and Digos City Police Drug Enforcement Unit were armed with search warrant issued by Judge Carmelita Sarno-Davin during the raid in Tandang Sora Street, Brgy Zone 3, Digos City at 10:05 p.m.
The PDEA XI chief said they seized 30 grams of suspected shabu worth P360,000.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized