Forty-nine violators were arrested after they reportedly violated the Anti-Drunk Driving Act from Feb. 6 to March 6.
Lieutenant Colonel Nolan Raquid, the commander of Traffic Group, told reporters yesterday in the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, said they already filed cases against the individuals for violations of the RA 10586 (Anti-drunk Driving Act of 2013).
“They all underwent an inquest and posted bail,” Raquid said.
The penalty for violator if there’s nobody killed or harmed is three months imprisonment plus a fine of no less than P20,000 up to P80,000.
If the act caused physical injuries, the provisions and penalties of Art. 263 of the Revised Penal Code will take effect.
The penalty ranges from prision mayor to prison correccional in the minimum and medium periods. They will also pay a fine of not less than P100,000 to P200,000.
If the violation caused a person’s death, the penalty outlined in Article 249 will take effect. The fine will range from P300,000 to P500,000.
Also, 2,107 individuals were issued temporary operator’s permits for non-wearing of helmets (RA 10054). They comprise almost half of the total 5,379 motorists who were given tickets for violating of RA 4136, including illegal parking and reckless driving.
Reckless driving includes beating the red light and overtaking on double yellow lane.
“This is a consolidated effort of not only by the Traffic Group but also all the police stations of the Davao City Police Office,” he added.
Meanwhile, Raquid said so far, they haven’t received any complaints of extortion involving their personnel. “I have a strict warning and guidance on my personnel almost every day in our formation to keep themselves away from any bribery,” he added.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JULY 22, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FASTLANES | Umang – the hermit crab
- BECOMING A DABAWENYO | Concerns about bicycle lanes
- FROM THE MAIL | Curbing Insurgency, a Duterte Legacy
- ROUGH CUTS | Signs of running scared?
- HIGH-VALUE TARGET | CTTMO worker caught in anti-drug entrapment
- 54-71-KM Davao bike lane network virtually launched
- Service disruptions on July 24 in different areas of Davao City
- RP bets in Olympic Village