By Rhoda Grace B. Saron
AUTHORITIES in the city are already gearing up for the upcoming Ironman triathlon starting on March 17 and the observance of the Holy week next month.
Angel Sumagaysay, the operations chief of the Public Safety and Security Command Center (PSSCC), told reporters yesterday in the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, that they already presented the security plan during the coordination meeting.
“For the Holy Week, we also have our security plan, only we are waiting for the meeting on the churches in the city,” Sumagaysay said.
Sumagaysay said they are currently following the guidelines of Davao City’s safety plan in which the actions of the tactical units on the ground were anchored.
He added that during the coordination meeting, they have also complemented appropriate security for other activities conducted in the city aside from the Araw celebration.
“We have side events like conventions and meetings, that is why we are having weekly security assessment,” he added.
Captain Maria Theresita Gaspan, the spokesperson of Davao City Police Office, said they will have additional deployment from the Police Regional Office XI, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, and other police provincial offices for augmentation.
Last week, all the PNP personnel, Task Force Davao, Bureau of Fire Protection XI, City Traffic Transport Management Office, PSSCC, Police Auxiliary and other volunteers were already deployed in the different areas in the city to provide security for the Araw ng Dabaw celebration.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos