The no. 1 most wanted drug dealer in Davao del Norte was killed in a buy-bust operation in Lower Arroyo compound, Matina Crossing, Barangay 74-A at 11:20 p.m. on Monday.
Antonio Rivera, director of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified him as Freddie Sacurat.
Also arrested during the same operation were his companions, identified as Alicia Aballe, Aljon Adlawan, Karen Ngoho, Kent Sisneros, and Orland Permo.
Authorities seized 15 grams of shabu worth P180,000.
They also recovered .38 revolver from the slain suspect.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the PDEA-XI Davao Occidental Provincial Office, Davao City Police Office, Compostela Valley Provincial Police Office, Davao del Norte Provincial Police Office, Joint Task Force Haribon, Task Force Davao, National Bureau of Investigation XI, and Talomo police.
“The patrons of this suspect are from Davao del Norte, ComVal and Davao City. He had been engaged in illegal drug activity for a long time,” Rivera said.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 26 in relation to sections 5, 6, 7, 13, and 14 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared against the arrested individuals.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories