The no. 1 most wanted drug dealer in Davao del Norte was killed in a buy-bust operation in Lower Arroyo compound, Matina Crossing, Barangay 74-A at 11:20 p.m. on Monday.
Antonio Rivera, director of Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified him as Freddie Sacurat.
Also arrested during the same operation were his companions, identified as Alicia Aballe, Aljon Adlawan, Karen Ngoho, Kent Sisneros, and Orland Permo.
Authorities seized 15 grams of shabu worth P180,000.
They also recovered .38 revolver from the slain suspect.
The buy-bust was conducted by joint elements of the PDEA-XI Davao Occidental Provincial Office, Davao City Police Office, Compostela Valley Provincial Police Office, Davao del Norte Provincial Police Office, Joint Task Force Haribon, Task Force Davao, National Bureau of Investigation XI, and Talomo police.
“The patrons of this suspect are from Davao del Norte, ComVal and Davao City. He had been engaged in illegal drug activity for a long time,” Rivera said.
Meanwhile, a case for violation of Sec. 26 in relation to sections 5, 6, 7, 13, and 14 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) is being prepared against the arrested individuals.
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos