The City Council passed a resolution on Tuesday requesting the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) XI to speed up the installation of cellular sites in Paquibato District, Davao City.The resolution was recommended by Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang’s committee on finance, ways, and means and appropriations, and approved under suspended rules.
The resolution states that the barangays in the said district “desire that their areas be reached with communication facilities for easy access.”
Paquibato District was once described as a troubled area of the northern part of the city but it has kept track with development through the launching of Peace 911, the peace and development initiative of the local government.
“With the presence of Peace 911 since May 2018, the said district has transformed into a developed area where communities are very cooperative to help the government to implement the project,” it said.
The communities in Paquibato District have committed to protect all government-initiated investment projects, particularly the communication facilities.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission