Two units of Toyota coaster mini-vans and 1,083 undershirt vests were given to the Police Regional Office 11 on Monday to further boost anti criminality, civil assistance, and internal security operations.
Major Jason Baria, spokesperson of PRO 11, said the ceremonial turnover and blessing of two the mini-vans and 1,083 pieces undershirt Vest Level-A provided by the national Headquarters was conducted at the grandstand inside Camp Sgt. Quintin Merecido in Buhangin.
The undershirts were then turned over to the respective city directors and provincial directors of the different provinces in the region.
Brig. Gen. Marcelo C Morales, regional police director, emphasized that these additional vehicles and equipment will help in the internal security operations, civil assistance during civic actions, relief, search and rescue, and other related operations against criminality and insurgency in the region.
“The acquisition of these police basic equipment intensifies the operational readiness and police visibility of our personnel toward achieving a more capable, effective and credible police force in line with the directive of the President to accomplish the mission and functions of the organization,” Morales said.
Meanwhile, the PRO XI also kicked off the Annual Women’s Month celebration that was graced by Cindy Pauline R. Benedicto, Diwa ng Davao 2018, as the guest of honor.
During the program, Top Outstanding Policewomen in the Country 2018 were recognized. They were Major Ruth B. Dizon of the Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office and Captain Rowena M. Jacosalem of the Compostela Valley Police Provincial Office.
In his message, Morales mentioned that no less than the Constitution recognizes the role of women in nation-building, and declares the fundamental equality of men and women before the law.
“We have hired many policewomen and they are doing their jobs well, either in the office or in the field. All I can say is women have a great role as far as law enforcement is concerned,” he added.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission